Call for Artists
Celebrating 31 Years
Arts & Fine Crafts
October 5 & 6, 2019
You are Invited
You are invited to participate in the 31st annual Weston AppleFest on October 5 & 6, 2019.
Truly an event that the whole Weston community rallies around, AppleFest celebrates Fall with apples, apple cider, apple butter, children’s activities, music, food, a parade and lots of fun.
We also feature local, regional and national Artists and craftspeople displaying their handcrafted work and demonstrating their unique talents to over 30,000 visitors each year.
Weston is a small community located minutes from Kansas City International Airport. Founded in 1837, and once a bustling river port, today’s Weston still holds much of the charm of it’s past. With over 100 beautifully preserved antebellum buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, this quaint community is also home to a variety of upscale antique and specialty shops, restaurants, bed and breakfasts, a restored hotel, museums, wineries, a brewery, an Irish pub and a historic landmark McCormick Distilling Co.
As the 2019 art festival season winds down in October, come and celebrate Autumn with us as a participant in AppleFest.
Application Deadline - July 31, 2019
Acceptance notices sent on - August 12, 2019
Cancellation Deadline - September 1, 2019 - Booth Fee will be returned
After September 1, 2019 - Booth fee is non-refundable
Show Dates and Times
Saturday Oct 5, 2019 10am – 6pm
Sunday Oct. 6, 2019 11am – 5pm
Set up Time Saturday 6:30am – 9am
Single Booth Space $225.00
Double Booth Space $399.00
This is a juried show. The AppleFest Committee has the authority to accept or reject any application.
All work exhibited must be original work produced by the artist. Work produced with commercial kits, molds, prefabricated forms or other commercial method is not permitted.
• Setting up and dismantling their own display
• Artist must be in attendance during the entire festival
• Artist demonstrating their skills and interaction with visitors is encouraged
• Collection and payment of sales tax to the State of Missouri
• Exhibitors must provide their display booth, tables, chairs, and other display fixtures.
• Booth must be a white or off white 10’ x 10’ canopy capable of withstanding inclement weather. It is recommended that you use a minimum of 40 pounds of weight per corner in case of high winds.
• Your display must be professional in appearance with all tables covered and all boxes out of sight.
• City sidewalks cannot be used to store or display your wares.
• This is an outdoor event held rain or shine. Please be prepared for whatever nature sends our way.
•The Artist Committee will be reviewing your display during set up. If your display is not of the quality represented in your photos, you will be asked to leave. No refund will be given.
• Electricity is not available for the vendors.
•WIFI CONNECTION IS AVAILABLE
In our early days, AppleFest featured artisans of many “lost” trades and crafts demonstrating their skills. We support interaction with the visitors and encourage the artists and craft people of today’s AppleFest to continue the tradition by demonstrating their art or craft during the festival, even if it is only a verbal demonstration or demonstration on the equipment that you use.
Although there will be security during the festival and overnight Saturday, artists exhibit at their own risk. Neither the City of Weston, the Chamber of Commerce, the festival committee, nor its members and volunteers are responsible for theft, loss or damage to the person or property of the artist or their representative.
Contact the Weston Chamber or visit www.westonmo.com for a list of accommodations and camping in the area.
Accepted Media Categories
Blacksmithing Doll Making Calligraphy Wood Carving
Basket Making Weaving Broom Making Candle Making
Embroidery Tatting (Lace Making) Glass Blowing Leather
Quilting Spinning Silversmith Foundry (Brass)
Honey Produce Mini Hay Bales Pumpkins & Gourds
Wreaths Home Grown Herbs Plants, Dried Flowers & Flower Arrangements
Home Baked Products, Breads, Jams & Jellies
Must follow Platte County Health Dept Guidelines
Arts & Fine Crafts
Painting Sculpture Jewelry Clay/Ceramics
Drawing Printmaking Mixed Media Fiber
Photography Wood Glass Metal
• Fill out the application completely, sign, and date the waiver
• Submit 4 non-returnable photos or email pics (three of your work and one of your display booth). These will be juried for acceptance into the show
• Enclose a check or money order for your booth fee
• Mail application and payment to:
Weston Chamber of Commerce
526 Main Street
Weston, MO 64098
For questions please call the Chamber Office at 816-640-2909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.